Review: Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Every Last Breath - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Yep, that’s what I call a finale. Every Last Breath was amazing. Already one of my favorite series but now it’s certainly solidified a space in my wonderfully happy sappy book heart. There was so much taking place in this final book. Much more action than the first two, a lot of answers were also given, plus we learned more about the Wardens existence and about Layla’s as well.

Ah Roth, he’s still as hot as hell, (pun intended this time) and as cheeky as ever. Zayne is still his sweet self. I can’t forget Stacey and Sam this time around. I thought Stacey was the bestest gal pal a girl can have. And Sam always had me being all curious about how his he able to carry around so much, some might say useless, but I say fascinating knowledge of the most random of things in his head. I wish I thought to know those things, I should start learning weird factoids and call me self ‘fact girl’. And love Cayman, needed more Cayman scenes.

So Layla learned that she will have to be the one to ultimately go up against the Lillin and that not all will make it through. I got teary eyed a few times throughout the book, there were some very sad moments. But of course I had the grinning from ear to ear and the die laughing moments too.

Layla has grown so much in spirit and spunk since the first book but I wish that she would’ve just believed in herself much sooner. One of the things that surprised me very much was that Layla made her choice so early on in the book than I would have expected. But I realized it was a smart decision to have that happen, because we were not just given an action packed, amazeballs finale but we had a romantic story also. A love story to calm the masses and make the world sparkle like sparkly supernatural creatures.

This was one of those hard to write reviews, it’s hard keeping things light trying not to give too much away. I just want to go spill the beans crazy in this review. I just sooo love love this series and so happy to have such a perfect ending to it. Please Ms. Armentrout, can I have some more?